Court Access To Information
on Licensed Professional Fiduciaries
Dear Court Representative:
To access the following information on Licensed Professional Fiduciaries please visit the Bureau's web site at www.fiduciary.ca.gov
- Licensee name and license number
- License issuance and expiration date
- Bankruptcy information
- Client assets and license discipline
Client assets will be available once reported to the Bureau on the annual reports as required by law (The law provides that a licensee file an Initial Annual Statement with the Bureau within 60 days of licensure and then an Annual Statement at least 60 days prior to license renewal each year). Any disciplinary action against a licensee by the Bureau will also by be posted on the web site upon occurrence.
In addition, the Bureau is prepared to provide courts will confidential information on licensees as required in Business and Professions Code Section 6534 once the information is reported to the Bureau:
- Current conservatees or wards and the trusts or estates currently administered by licensee
- Business and residential addresses and telephone numbers of licensee
- Client names, and case numbers if applicable, for all conservatorships, guardianships, and trusts or estate administration cases on closed cases for licensee
- Removals, resignations, and settlements
To request confidential information on licensees, you must first obtain a private official account from the Bureau for security purposes. The private account is for your use only and is not to be shared. To request an account:
- Complete the COURT AUTHORIZATION REQUEST FORM in its entirety. Provide official contact information only. No personal or private contact information will be accepted.
- Send a letter on official court or authorized agency stationary requesting an account.
- Mail the completed form and letter to the Bureau:
Professional Fiduciaries Bureau
Post Office Box 989005
West Sacramento, CA 95798-9005
The Bureau is committed to protecting the consumers of our State and we look forward to working with you. Please contact the Bureau at (916) 574-7340 if you have any questions or concerns.
Chief, Professional Fiduciaries Bureau