Welcome to the Professional Fiduciaries Bureau's Website
Llame a nuestra línea de asistencia en español a (800) 952-5210.
The Professional Fiduciaries Bureau was created by legislation that passed and was enacted into law in 2006 (effective January 1, 2007) to regulate non-family member professional fiduciaries, including conservators, guardians, trustees, personal representatives of a decedent’s estate, and agents under durable power of attorney as defined by the Professional Fiduciaries Act.
Professional fiduciaries provide critical services to seniors, persons with disabilities, and children. They manage matters for clients including daily care, housing and medical needs, and also offer financial management services ranging from basic bill paying to estate and investment management. Requirements for licensing include passing an examination and completing thirty (30) hours of approved education courses (one (1) hour must be in cultural competency) (See Pre-Licensing Education Information), and earning fifteen (15) hours of continuing education credit (two hours of instruction must be in ethics or cultural competency every year, or alternatively a total of two hours of instruction in both ethics and cultural competency combined every year) each year for renewal.
The well-being of consumers receiving professional fiduciary services is safeguarded.
To protect consumers through licensing, consumer education, and enforcement of the Professional Fiduciaries Act and promote and uphold competency and ethical standards across the profession.
- Fee Increase Proposed Rulemaking
- Sunset Review
- Approved Regulations – Cultural Competency (Effective January 1, 2023)
- New requirements affecting PFB applicants, licensees starting January 1, 2023
- Bureau seeking Subject Matter Experts
- Inactive License Status Application
- Retired License Status Application
- Approved Regulations – Inactive or Retired License Status (Effective January 1, 2023)
- Instructions on how to complete the Annual Statement
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Professional Fiduciary Application Package
- For the latest information on the Bureau, please sign up on the following link:
How To Get Vaccinated
Learn more about how to get vaccinated by visiting the state’s COVID-19 website https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/#How-to-get-vaccinated. The state’s website has information on vaccination eligibility, how to sign up for an appointment via MyTurn.ca.gov, local health jurisdiction resources, and more. Additionally, CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreen pharmacies now offer limited appointments for free COVID-19 vaccinations in select areas. Visit https://covid19.ca.gov/vaccines/#How-to-get-vaccinated for more information.